Coversyl 4mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 125.00
Unit Price: Rs. 12.50
Package Price: Rs. 125.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
Coversyl is an oral anti hypertensive drug having an effect on the blood vessels. The medicine helps blood vessels to dilate by having a relaxing effect on their muscles. The medicine works by inhibiting formation of an enzyme Angiotensin-II which is responsible for contraction of blood vessels.
The active ingredient of Coversyl is Perindopril. This drug is responsible for its vasodilation effect which brings down blood pressure. Perindopril acts via the medium of other components of Coversyl which do not interfere with the drug action.
The therapeutic indications of Coversyl are mentioned below:
- Heart failure
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial ischemia
The dilating effect which Coversyl has on a patient’s blood vessels could have a harmful reaction if the medicine is used wrongly or in excess. Some of the side effects associated with Coversyl are mentioned below:
- Cold perspiration
- Light headedness
Some instructions are advised to patients who are on a course of Coversyl, in order to avoid harmful drug reactions. Some of these precautions are mentioned below:
- Coversyl should be consumed only if it has been prescribed by a physician and the dosage should be kept according to the prescription.
- Patients with tendency to develop low blood pressure should not use Coversyl.
- Patients with past history of, or currently existing liver and kidney dysfunction, should inform their physician before starting on a course of Coversyl.
- Coversyl is not meant for treatment of juvenile hypertension. Children suffering from high blood pressure should be treated only after consulting with a pediatrician.
- Patients who have undergone recent surgery for repairing aneurysms and varicose veins should not use Coversyl without a physician’s consent.
Drugs which have similar chemical composition tend to exert the same therapeutic effect on patients. Some drugs which have similar composition and medical action as Coversyl are mentioned below. They can be used as a substitute for Coversyl:
- Perihart Tablet
- Eviper Tablet
- Zimpril Tablet
- Is Coversyl safe during pregnancy? Coversyl is strictly prohibited during pregnancy as it may affect blood supply to the unborn baby and lead to maldevelopment. Breastfeeding mothers too should avoid taking Coversyl.
- When should a course of Coversyl be stopped? Coversyl should be continued for as long as the physician prescribes it, even if blood pressure is being maintained at normal levels. Patients should stop taking the medicine in between the course only if any side effects develop