Cdef 200mg Tablet DT
Manufacturer: Trends Pharma Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 205.00
Unit Price: Rs. 20.50
Package Price: Rs. 205.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet dt
Cdef is an antibiotic medicine used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. The medicine does not show any effect on viral, fungal and parasitic infections. It will act only in case of some types of bacterial infections.
The active ingredient in Cdef tablet is Cefpodoxime, which is a type of Cephalosporin. Cefpodoxime prevents formation of the protective covering around bacteria which is needed for their survival. The antibiotic acts via the medium of a neutral agent that does not interfere with the therapeutic action of the drug.
Cdef is used for treatment of the following infectious disorders:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Otitis media
- Sexually transmitted bacterial infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Urinary bladder infections
Cdef is a potent antibiotic and used only for treatment of certain bacterial infections. If the drug is used without any therapeutic indication or if it is taken in the wrong dosage, there could be possible side effects of the drug. Some of these side effects have been mentioned below:
- Acid-peptic disorder
- Nausea and vomiting
- Allergic response to the drug could lead to development of itching, redness of skin, rash, swelling etc.
Cdef should be consumed only when prescribed by a physician. Some important things to be remembered by patients who are on a course of Cdef are as follows:
- Patients should share their entire drug history and health history with their doctor before beginning a course of Cdef.
- Cdef should not be consumed by those who suffer from kidney dysfunction and digestive disorders.
- Patients who are on Cdef should inform their pathologist if they are required to undergo urine ketone test, as there is possibility of the drug interfering with test results.
- Cdef tends to enhance the effect of blood thinning medicines and is likely to induce blood thinning tendency.
- It is unwise to consume alcohol while on a course of Cdef.
Medicines with similar drug composition and similar therapeutic effects can be used as an alternative to each other. Some drugs with similar drug composition to Cdef have been mentioned below:
- Mapdox Tablet
- Kefpod Tablet
- Finecef Tablet
- Tambac Tablet
- Is Cdef safe for consumption during pregnancy? Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers should consult with their gynecologist before consuming Cdef for treatment of any infections.
- How can side effects of Cdef be managed at home? If patients develop side effects to Cdef, they should stop the medicine immediately. They should contact their doctor and get further medical aid as soon as possible. This will prevent any long lasting damage to health.