Manufacturer: Piramal Healthcare Limited
MRP: Rs. 70.62
Unit Price: Rs. 70.62
Package Price: Rs. 70.62 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: bottle
Medicine Form: ml of lotion
Caladryl is an anti-allergic cream used to soothe and treat skin disorders occurring due to allergic response. The medicine acts due to its capability to control the levels of histamine. Histamine is responsible for development of itching, irritation, swelling, redness and other responses commonly observed during allergy. Reduction of histamine levels leads to a reduced allergic response automatically.
Caladryl is composed of Camphor, Calamine and Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride. Camphor and Calamine have a cooling and soothing effect on the skin and thus help in reducing the irritation. Calamine also helps in controlling the itch associated with allergic reactions. Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride is an anti-histaminic which exerts the actual anti-allergic action.
Caladryl can be used individually or as part of treatment for skin disorders. Some of the health conditions which respond well to Caladryl have been mentioned below:
- Allergic dermatitis
- Poison oak rash
- Insect bite
- Itchy warts
- Painful swelling of skin
- Contact dermatitis
Caladryl when used without indications or in the wrong way can lead to the following side effects. These side effects may also be observed if people who are hypersensitive to Caladryl, use the medicine.
- Warm sensation may be felt on the skin
- Patient could get restless and excited for no reason
- Headache could be experienced
- Slight dizziness and feeling of vertigo may be
Some important things should be remembered by those using Caladryl regularly. These things help in maximizing the therapeutic effect of Caladryl and reduce the chances of developing harmful effects over one's health. Some of these things are mentioned below:
- Caladryl should not be consumed internally or orally. It is only meant for external application.
- Fungal or bacterial infection of skin does not respond to Caladryl alone. They require the use of anti-fungals/anti-bacterials as well.
- The cream should not be applied on skin which is burnt, torn or damaged in any way.
- Children below 2 years should not be subjected to the application of Caladryl.
- Caladryl lotion should be used in children between 2-10 years of age only with the advice of a qualified pediatrician.
- If complaints aggravate on using Caladryl, the medicine should be stopped immediately. With a physician's consent, another medicine could be used for treating the skin condition.
The following lotion has therapeutic effects similar to Caladryl. If the physician sees fit, it could be used as a substitute to Caladryl.
- Meladryl Lotion
- Is Caladryl useful for treatment of acne? Caladryl lotion shows good results when used to treat the itching sensation associated with acne.
- Can Caladryl be used on mucus membranes? Caladryl can be applied around the anus, mouth or vaginal area for treatment of any skin disorder in these regions. However, it should not be introduced within the body as this could have harmful effects.
- Can pregnant ladies use Caladryl? Pregnant women can safely use Caladryl without worrying about any harmful effects on them or the baby.